Menu
bigwing
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub Swap needed from SH1?

M100 package, only seeing 40-50.

Otherwise good enough connection, has been unproblematic for years. My hub is ancient, I believe SH1 (VMDG480).

Not normally as issue, but with everyone at home I would be keen to figure out if I've just been forgotten to be upgraded somewhere along the years!

Anyone seen similar, any thoughts appreciated

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Swap needed from SH1?

Hello

Yes it is the original superhub and you can a new hub 3.0 at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap, although the hub is more than capable of doing 100mbps.

Are you doing a speedtest with a direct Ethernet connection to the hub ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

bigwing
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Swap needed from SH1?

Thanks for the prompt response Mike.

I've tried a that link a few times over the last couple weeks, and I just the "oops page". Assuming there's nothing that can be done online with that, so I'll put it on the list for post covid phonecall to VM call centre in the summer.

Good news thought is it was 100% my fault, wired and 5GHz WiFi are seeing full bandwidth 100-110M. My laptop strangely started to prefer the 2.4Ghz WiFi - presumably running 802.11g which totally explains it as that's the Max speed for that standard. Just thought I'd update incase anyone else see similar

Thanks for your help, stay well.

0 Kudos