Menu
K14
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 5

We installed new new hub5 yesterday & are now experiencing poor connectivity & range. I qe tried to reinstall our old hub but this no longer works.

Attempted to contact domeone this morning but the phone options are hopeless & take you round in circles.

Links sent don't work.

Such poor service from Virgin & we didn't ask for a new hub. It seems every upgrade is worse than the one before.

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 5

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping Once done we can comment.

Also try splitting the SSID and manually choosing the wifi bands.

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.

Set the Hub 5 for legacy wifi if it is not connecting to older wifi kit.

Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless signal
In the Wireless frequency 2.4GHz select Wireless mode > 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed
Select Apply changes

If this all fails, ask for the Hub 5 to be replaced with an older Hub, as it's not working for your circumstances.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 5

If you just want the old Hub back on (the best solution!) - it needs re-activating on your account.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker of the old Hub and also your account number,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 1 WiFi, 1 on PA) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On 250Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos