cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 firmware upgrade LG-RDK_3.18.30-2112.12 and mysterious devices

xxxyyyzzz
Tuning in

I guess the Hub 5 firmware LG-RDK_3.18.30-2112.12 may have been pushed to my hub yesterday morning as that evening, all the PC's thought they were on a public rather than private network.

The VM Hub is in router mode on 192.168.0.1. Wired to it elsewhere in the house is a Netgear WAX206 in access point mode to provide wireless connectivity where the VM Hub would not reach.

Mysteriously, the WAX206 shows 6 devices about which I know nothing - the bottom 6 in the image. They appear to be connected to the VM Hub on 192.168.0.1 but the VM Hub does NOT list them as connected devices. They are probably virtual devices - resetting the Hub causes the MAC addresses for these 6 devices to change.

I suspect that they may have something to do with VM Hotspots but I am concerned that they are visible to the WAX206 router showing that they are not fully sandboxed in the VMHub.

Image1.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey xxxyyyzzz, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see there is some devices connected to your WIFI you do no recognise. 

Since this is a 3rd party device we cant guarantee who will be connecting to this is there any way you can kick them off? 

However there isn't anyone who will be able to connect to your router without having the password. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?