cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 / 2.5Gbps port and 1gig speeds?

Roundy84
Tuning in

Is anyone running a Hub 5 on the 1gig connection utilizing the 2.5Gbps port and as an example a 2.5Gbps port on a pc? if so what speeds are you getting? Would I see much more than what I have currently wired 920Mbps down and 52Mbps up with a TPlink Ax6600.

Also does anyone have an idea on the speed with a Hub 5 router in modem mode and using another router that has a 2.5Gbps port aswell. 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Roundy84 wrote:

Is anyone running a Hub 5 on the 1gig connection utilizing the 2.5Gbps port and as an example a 2.5Gbps port on a pc? if so what speeds are you getting? Would I see much more than what I have currently wired 920Mbps down and 52Mbps up with a TPlink Ax6600.

Also does anyone have an idea on the speed with a Hub 5 router in modem mode and using another router that has a 2.5Gbps port aswell. 

Thanks 

As per the VM site you will see around 1086 - 1143 Mbps on one device

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds

Of course this depends on the capability of the device itself!

I've seen the below using other methods of getting full speed on one device:

My question would be do you really need it?

Faster broadband connections are designed to be used across multiple devices concurrently.

I'm just curious how much if any, my speed would increase with everything using a 2.5Gbps port end to end and future scalability. 

@Roundy84 wrote:

I'm just curious how much if any, my speed would increase with everything using a 2.5Gbps port end to end and future scalability. 

Well you are currently limited to 940Mbps through your third party router.

With the HUB 5 on 1gig you'll potentially see 1086 - 1143Mbps.

VM are in trials for 2.2Gbps.

Remember your broadband speed is shared between all your devices.