Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 very slow wi-fi

Having recently changed over from a hub3 to a hub4 I am now having constant problems with wi-fi download speeds.  When I was using a hub3 it was very quick and I never experienced any problems.  I can't even facetime now without constant connection problems or look at videos online.  Rebooted the hub several times, its ok for a while then reverts to being slow.  It is in the same position as the old one.  What can I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 very slow wi-fi

Have a look around the Forums and you will see that the Hub 4 Wi-Fi low speeds are well reported.

A lot of people have phoned in and been given a Hub 3 to overcome the problem; others have purchased their own Wi-Fi broadcasting equipment.

You must realise that going back to a Hub 3 may not overcome any local environmental changes that can affect Wi-Fi signals.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would willingly go back to a hub3 but I returned mine.  Can't get through to virgin on the phone so how do I request a different hub?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can either persevere on the phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos