Menu
sotonsoldier2k8
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 slow speeds

Hi guys I wonder if anyone can help I seem to be getting really slow speeds on my laptop and  games consoles 

I'm on the 200mb package and I am only getting 37.5 download and 5 upload , I did a test  on sam knows and it said that the router was getting 208mb but the computer was only getting 38mb. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 slow speeds

Those sound like typical WiFi speeds, which are not guaranteed because WiFi is affected by many local factors.

If you want full speed around your house you may have to invest in some better WiFi equipment. 

0 Kudos
CraigyD01
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm exactly the same - bought the 1 Gig pack; get 1186mbps to the hub, yet around 400mbps to the wifi devices. Looking to put the hub 4 in modem only mode and buy a decent router!

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @sotonsoldier2k8, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with WiFi. Although in many cases wireless performance is beyond our control due to the many factors that can impact it - on this occasion I can see that your hub is out of spec, which may explain the less-than-expected performance. 

This should be an easy fix for an engineer, in the interest of getting it sorted asap I have booked you in with the next available appointment.  You will find confirmation via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and can reschedule from there if needed.

Please let us know how that goes, or if we can help with anything else.

Tom

0 Kudos
sotonsoldier2k8
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom thanks for booking that appointment for me , the engineer said the power levels were too high on my router he sorted it out and everything is back to normal 😀

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sotonsoldier2k8,

That's great news - thanks so much for coming back to the thread to update us.

If there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Have a great weekend! 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos