cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 no internet

holdenmj72
Joining in

I have been having issues with my hub 4 for a few weeks. When powered on its fine for a few hours - good speeds up and down. But then the speed starts to fade until there is virtually nothing (0.1 to 10 Mbps on a gig1 plan). It's looks like a faulty router to me. Any suggestions 

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @holdenmj72,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your speeds and your connection! 

I've taken a look at our systems and I cannot see any local issues impacting your services at this time. However, I can see that your Hub is in Modem Mode. Is your Hub connected to a third party router? If so, is it possible for you to put the Hub back in Router Mode for at least  24 hours so that we can run further checks on your connection and your power levels? When the Hub is connected to a third party router, the system may miss some issues that could be causing these connection and speed problems.

Please put your Hub back into Router Mode and let us know when you've done this so that we can investigate further.

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I have put the hub back into router mode as requested in order that you can carry out the necessary tests. Let me know what you find. My experience is that the router will lose speed during the course of the day. 

Mark 

Paulina, 

I have just run a speed test on the router. I am barely getting 1Mbps as detailed in the screenshot. The hub has been in router mode since around 6.30 a.m.

Screenshot_2023-07-24-18-43-48-93_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-24-18-43-25-32_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg

Paulina, 

I have run further speed tests using Sam Knows and this is the result

Screenshot_20230724-203738.jpg

 I think that this indicates that there is a problem and an engineer visit is needed. 

Thank you for those screenshots holdenmj72. Looking at this pictures it would indicate further investigation is needed. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin