Menu
Kirstie_xo
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4, gig1 speeds not reaching!

Upgraded to new GIG1 & received the new Hub 4 today & absolutely gutted by its performance all connected properly by ourselves (wasnt offered an engineer visit) & the speeds are shocking hit 340 download speed at the most & even worse when connecting wifi devices. Tried everything rebooting, taking out wires & replacing in again & resetting. Due to covid i cant seem to get in touch with anyone & at a loss. Paid more for download speeds i cant get. 

We have PS4 wired in to ethernet cable but rest are working off wifi. We had this speed on our lower band so disappointed. Can anyone offer some support? 

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4, gig1 speeds not reaching!

Go to https://www.SamKnows.com/realspeed if the Hub is in router mode, that will tell you the speed to the Hub. You should see 1000 or over. If you do, it's your device(s) at fault and not the Equipment/service. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Kirstie_xo
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi had two engineers come out & told me this, 2nd one as they external wire might be the issue. From samknows the route gets it but not devices. However we have 2 of the most up to date phones iphonexr (the engineer had an iphone8 that got better download speeds)& s20 that only reach 400. Also a playstation plugged up using ethernet cable that reaches 330 surely this should be the highest? (Brother in law has same package, same playstation same cable but gets a lot better!) 

0 Kudos
ManiacMatt
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue - I have just upgraded and installed the hub 4 today.  I will post a separate thread but just wanted you to know you are not alone!

-Matt
BQM monitor:My Broadband Ping - Virgin Gig1
0 Kudos