Menu
Clyde9971
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Very Slow Speeds

For the last couple of weeks I have had intermittent internet. I pay for the 200mb and when it works I get just over that.

Got an engineer out who changed my hub 3 for a new hub 3 and everything worked well for a couple of hours after he left, but then the connection kept dropping again.

Got another engineer out who said that a known fault with the Hub 3 is it keeps resetting itself, so he switched it for a Hub 4.

Internet connection issue is now fixed but I'm getting a maximum of 20mb now.

Is there a setting I can change somewhere or do I need another engineer?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Very Slow Speeds

Is that with a wired or wireless connection?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Clyde9971 wrote:

Internet connection issue is now fixed but I'm getting a maximum of 20mb now.

If you're connected via wireless it could be that you have connected to the 2.4Ghz band instead of the 5Ghz band. Although with wireless it still depends on many factors like distance from router, wall thickness and surrounding interference from other wireless networks on the same channel. Try a test with a wired connection and if all is good then come back and we can try a few things to get a better wireless connection 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Clyde9971 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your broadband speeds.

How having this been since your post? Have you managed to increase your speeds following the advise listed above?  If not do let me know and we can look further into this for you.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos