Menu
GerardDuffy13
Tuning in
Message 11 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4. Still not getting anywhere close to good speeds. Drops to 0mb.

Its my work pc and its  a 1Gbps network card due it needing to view multiple streams at the same time. The cable was installed by an engineer so I assume it is the cat5. I checked everything was connectly correctly and tightly.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 12 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Strange that the engineer would have installed a cable from the router to your PC, usually they only set up the router in the wanted location. Your BQM shows a lot of packet loss and high latency spikes which indicates there is defiantly a problem, plus the fact the QAM on your 3.1 Download stream should be 4096. How did you get on with the factory reset?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
GerardDuffy13
Tuning in
Message 13 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Sorry how do I do a factory reset? I will try it and let you know.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 14 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
0 Kudos
GerardDuffy13
Tuning in
Message 15 of 28
Flag for a moderator

DownloadMbps

UploadMbps
Latencyms
Jitterms
Packet loss%
UploadMbps
Latencyms
Jitterms
Packet loss%
0 Kudos
GerardDuffy13
Tuning in
Message 16 of 28
Flag for a moderator

There seems some improvement. I will monitor it for a little bit and let you know

0 Kudos
GerardDuffy13
Tuning in
Message 17 of 28
Flag for a moderator

DownloadMbps
Speed to computer

DownloadMbps

UploadMbps
Latencyms
Jitterms
Packet loss%
UploadMbps
Latencyms
Jitterms
Packet loss%
N/A
0 Kudos
GerardDuffy13
Tuning in
Message 18 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Nope back to dropping and cutting out again

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 19 of 28
Flag for a moderator

It's strange that you have 1066mb coming into the Hub with only 1024 QAM on the 3.1 channel, it could be a faulty Hub or maybe they are working on the line. Either way you will need an engineer to put things right.

Have you tried ringing 0800 561 0061 for most up to date information in your area. The BQM does show signs that something is amiss with drop outs and high latency spikes. I would ring it in to be honest and see what they say, best to ring VM on or just after 8am or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are.

If you want to wait for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, try not to bump the thread as this will throw you further down the list

0 Kudos
gitty
Up to speed
Message 20 of 28
Flag for a moderator

@conman33158 wrote:

It's strange that you have 1066mb coming into the Hub with only 1024 QAM on the 3.1 channel, it could be a faulty Hub or maybe they are working on the line. Either way you will need an engineer to put things right.

When you add all the channels, the modem has access to over 2 Gbps of capacity, even when the QAM is "only" 1024. So the math adds up. Higher modulation helps when the downstream is congested.