Menu
kyrag138
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Issue

Good Evening, my english isn't that good but i'll try to explain my issue.  Last week i've been called by someone from virgin and she explained to me that i'm gonna receive hub 4 at no extra cost etc... after received hub 4 i've connected it and tried hours to make it work ( very very slow speed, pages take 5 min to load, most of the time not loading at all, disconnecting without reason), next day i've spoke to someone from virgin and she told me that's for high speed which i never been told first time, she upgraded my broadband from 350mb to 500 and said give 1-2 h and will be fine, unfortunately i had same problems. I tried to connect hub 3 as i had no problem with that and my broadband was working fine,now that's not working ( internet acces denied) after many times trying to call technical support,  someone answered, explaining that i want to use hub 3 instead of 4... but no, she told me to give her hub 4 mac, told her, she sent a signal to my hub and said same thing give it 1-2h and that should be fine,  came back from work and same problem which i had for the last 5 days...The 5th day which i'm using mobile data instead of broadband which i'm paying for...Thank you

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Issue

A warm welcome kyrag138 🙂

I've had a look at your details and can find the Hub 4 being activated and everything looks okay and can see that you've spoken to an agent regarding your new Hub. I'm unsure whether you're still having problems but I've also ran a speed test and the download speed shows 510.62 Mbps. Just in case, for the Hub 4, it's important to run speedtests via the Sam Knows Site .

Please let us know if you're still having problems so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
opalmcglynn
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Issue

Hello

As I know, Hub has 2 types of Active Hub and Smart Hub. Active Hub is a popular type of Hub, needs to be powered when operating, used to amplify the incoming signal and output the remaining ports, ensuring the necessary signal level. Smart Hub (Intelligent Hub) functions similar to Active Hub, but has a built-in chip capable of auto-error detection - useful in case of detecting and detecting errors in the network. So I suggest you that you should check it again and if you cannot find the answer, you can up here to confirm it again. friv 2020

Good luck, Opal

0 Kudos