Menu
Po0oley
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Gig1

the firs post was dumped in the gaming section - so reposting in here

I was contacted by the Virgin Media call centre. They offered me the Hub 4 to replace my Hub 3 and told me i was to go onto the Gig1 speed.

I get my new router, install it, activate the connection. still only M200 speed.

i check my account and it is still saying i am on the 200Mb speed?

did she blag me when she said i was getting an upgrade?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Gig1

What does your online account say your package is?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Po0oley
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

it says M200.

But when she asked if i wanted the new hub i asked her what the new download speed was and she said Gig1

i have gone through all the setup, i have had a text since i dropped the first message to say it is all setup and ready to go. i have just checked and it is still only giving me 200mb

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Do you have an email or otherwise confirming the speed package change?

Were you given a new monthly price?

I wonder if the call handler just assumed the Hub4 would give Gig1 speeds regardless...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Po0oley
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

i was told i would get an email but that never came. i did think she was a scam after that. but i logged into my virgin media webpage and it said my package was coming on the7/7/20 so i just thought it was all good.

My primary email address fell off years ago as i didnt use it, she may have sent it to that one. (i didnt like the number after my name so made a better one)

i asked her several times about the speed and if i was tied to a contract, she assured me there was no contract and no price increase.

i have just done a check on my postcode and it says we are only ready for M500. even that would be a bonus

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Then you’ve been misinformed then.

Gig1 is priced significantly higher than other packages and there’s no discount for it. 

0 Kudos
Po0oley
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

how much is the Gig1 then?

i thought i was already on the top package as i have everything that can be added. i have just been on the offers page and if i got the big ooompf bundle which is M500 it would be a hell of a lot cheaper than i am paying at the moment.

i thinks VM have been ripping me off for the past few months/years. the more i dig the more annoyed i am getting with VM

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

£67 I believe is the standard price.

New customers always get better deals than existing customers - we were all new customers once and would have paid discounted rates compared to existing customers at that time as well.

If you don’t make contact with someone after your initial contract ended you get put on standard pricing and a 30-day rolling contact, per the terms of your contract.

0 Kudos
Po0oley
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

i pay double that, but it does include everything, phones, tv, etc.

gonna phone them tomorrow to see what they can do.

i have been with them since 2004 i think, i have had many deals over the years. the last one finished 2017, i think its time they gave me another deal. 😁

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Gig1 is only available as a stand-alone and not a bundle with anything else.

So you’ll be looking at £67 plus the cost of having any standalone TV bundles on top.

0 Kudos