cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Ethernet Speed

thelatman77
Tuning in

Hey folks, 

Upgraded from my Hub 3 (where I was getting mostly full speed on my 200mb connection) to the Hub 4 and the gig1 package.  Im not getting anywhere near the gig to my devices though on either wifi (where I seem to just about scrape 500mb using Samknows) or ethernet, which is about the same but even worse on my ethernet over power adapters.

I have 3 of these EoP adapters in total; 1x 200mb pair for my hive (dont care what speed that gets)which is in the kitchen, 1x 200mb (used occasionally, atm not connected) and 1x 500mb pair (connected to a Mitel IP phone with a 1gb LAN and 1gb LAN switch port to my laptop (with a 1gb nic) in my office.  I also have a Phillips smart TV connected directly to the router.  OK, these adapters are quite old, but on my Hub 3, I was constantly getting between 180-213mb when testing from the laptop in its normal setup.

I connected my laptop directly to the 1x 500mb adapter, I then checked the speed on SamKnows from my laptop 3 times:

Test 1:

Hub4 - 498, PC - 20.7

Test 2:

Hub4 - 1005, PC - 32.1

Test3

Hub4 - 998, PC - 33.6

I checked the Connected Devices form, it shows all ethernet ports connected at '100'.  When I connected my laptop direct to the Hub ethernet, i get similar Hub4 speeds from Samknows, but slightly higher speeds, the laptop did show as 1000 on the connected devices form though.  Should the ethernet over power adapters show as 200, 200 & 500?

When I test on Wifi, I get similar ranges from Sam knows to the hub, but almost hitting 500 to the PC, I have never gone above 500mb yet.

Just in case, I rebooted the hub last night, powered it off & unplugged it for 3 minutes, then back on.

Does the hub take a few days to throttle up after first activation, or should I be expecting full speeds, or at least better than I was getting on my previous hub / package from day 1?

Cheers,

Lat

15 REPLIES 15

Hello thelatman77

Sorry to hear about this issue with your speeds 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

thanks.  I’ve replied to your message.

Hi thelatman77

Thanks for those details 
I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available

Your upstream levels need adjusting  
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth,

Would this account for the slower than expected speeds?

Hi thelatman77

It can have an effect on the speeds 

The technician will make sure everything gets checked for you

Gareth_L

Great, thanks.