cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 - 1Gbps - Dropping at 94mbps on Computer side

RaiDan
Tuning in

Hi there,

I just got my 1Gbps connection 3 weeks ago and my download speed constantly dropping back to 94 mbps on wired connection (Cat6e) to a PC. I checked all of the connections, restarted the router, followed all the troubleshootings but no luck. 

I would be grateful if someone could help me and see if there is anything in my stats which looks off.

1.png2..png3.png3b.png3c.png3d.png4.png5.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

94Mb sounds suspiciously like your kit is only getting a 10/100 connection?  Have you checked with a different cable, or a different ethernet port?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

94Mb sounds suspiciously like your kit is only getting a 10/100 connection?  Have you checked with a different cable, or a different ethernet port?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Adduxi,

Thanks for your reply.

This was my first thought too, but as you can see on the speedtest.net screenshot, sometimes I get around 950 mbps (usually after I rebooted the router).

6.png

@RaiDan wrote:

Hi Adduxi,

Thanks for your reply.

This was my first thought too, but as you can see on the speedtest.net screenshot, sometimes I get around 950 mbps (usually after I rebooted the router).

6.png

Have you tried another ethernet port on the HUB.

It's either:

• Bad HUB
  • Bad cable.

Hi RaidDan thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're getting slow wired speeds to your PC.  Can I ask if you have indeed tried a different Cat 6 cable and also a different ethernet port on the hub?  Also is your network card set to receive the 1gb speeds?  I am sorry, we've have had a remote look from here and everything looks fine on your hub, power levels and sam knows etc,  Please do get back to us.

Regards

Lee_R

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Lee_R wrote:

...we've have had a remote look from here and everything looks fine on your hub, power levels and sam knows etc,  Please do get back to us.

All this talk about the hub needing to be in router mode for checks and you can't even check the link speeds for the hubs ports?😑 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Lee,

It was a bad cable connection with the rj45 plug. All sorted now. Thanks for the help everyone.