Menu
Sukester
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 issues

Been having slow download/upload speeds. Red light is on on my Hub 3 - followed all online advice switched off and on several times.

Light still red speeds still slow.

Messaged, and been on a call now for 30+ minutes.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 issues

A red light indicates over heating.  You can try a pinhole reset (but only if you haven't done that already), but there seems to be a batch of Hub3s that are having these problems.  Realistically you'll probably need a replacement hub, but try the pinhole reset first.  Until such time as this is sorted then you're probably OK to keep using it, but as a precaution I wouldn't leave it powered on overnight until it starts behaving, or you get a replacement sorted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sukester
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep - i found that advice but it is in a cool room and stood upright with nothing around it causing blockage to the vents. After the pinhole reset the light is now yellow.

Thanks for your advice - looks like I somehow need to get in touch with someone at Virgin who can help - which is easier said that done!

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Oh dear, another instance of the Yellow Light of Doom.  I'll flag your post for the staff, it looks like you need a new hub.  Be aware that if there's also noise or power problems on the line, then you may STILL need a technician visit to get your full speeds restored, but replacing a faulty hub is step one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sukester,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to see you are having connection issues and only have a yellow light, I have had a look our end and it looks like you may have alrady sorted this out by ordering a new router.

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos
Sukester
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So i had a new hub arrive and i have the same problems - plenty of resets later - and still ridiculously low speeds and red or yellow light issues intermittently.

I'm at the point now where paying for a 200mbps service and getting on average 26mbps is atrocious and affecting my work so looks like i have no choice but to leave and at least pay for a slower speed from a more reliable source.

0 Kudos