Menu
Treezy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 issue

We had the fastest fibre installed as It was not available with Sky. My husband is working from home now and needs the faster speed.

There were many issues with the installation and Virgin Customer services were not greatly helpful but we got it installed in the end.

The speed coming in is really fast, however the hub is not reaching all the devices it should. As an example something as simple as downloading a catch up series on Sky has taken about 20 minutes to download 10% of it.

The i pads are slow and speed checking has got down to 1 mbs at some points.

THIS IS SLOWER THAN SKY USED TO BE, WHICH ISN’T FIBRE!

we have a booster going to the rooms upstairs which we shouldn’t have to have.

it seems this hub is not up to the job and I am really unhappy about spending more money on a service that is worse than I used to have.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 issue

@Treezy wrote:

We had the fastest fibre installed as It was not available with Sky. My husband is working from home now and needs the faster speed.

There were many issues with the installation and Virgin Customer services were not greatly helpful but we got it installed in the end.

The speed coming in is really fast, however the hub is not reaching all the devices it should. As an example something as simple as downloading a catch up series on Sky has taken about 20 minutes to download 10% of it.

The i pads are slow and speed checking has got down to 1 mbs at some points.

THIS IS SLOWER THAN SKY USED TO BE, WHICH ISN’T FIBRE!

we have a booster going to the rooms upstairs which we shouldn’t have to have.

it seems this hub is not up to the job and I am really unhappy about spending more money on a service that is worse than I used to have.

WiFi speeds aren't in your contract with VM, just wired speed.

If you are getting full speed on an ethernet connection the only thing you can do, other than optimize the WiFi in the HUB by checking for congested channels, is to buy your own kit.

0 Kudos