Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Huawei issues with wifi speed ?

I have a Huawei P30 Pro which i've had for some time now. I've been back and forth to Virgin saying my wifi speed is terrible, I get around 2-7mbs/s instead of the 210mbs/s I get from my ethernet connected PC.

Today I tested with a friends phone on my wifi to realise they had 200mb/s.. I tested another phone and a tablet and then another tablet.. all of which are getting full speeds. I have no idea why the Huawei isnt getting this kind of speed, is it a router setting ? I have forgot the network and reset my network settings on my phone but with no avail. Is anyone else having problems with their Huawei ?

I have tried connecting via 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz, did a full modem reset, put it in modem mode then router mode.. I am baffled. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Huawei issues with wifi speed ?

You may be as well refining your wifi management, it might not fix your problem but will certainly help keeping track of your wifi frequencies.

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you WiFi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Mike, I forgot to mention i've tried that also with no luck. The wifi varies now and again and once or twice i'll get 20-30mb/sec but majority of the time its 2-7mb/s

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried your phone on another WiFi network?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've only tried it at my parents house who have virgin media also, the hospital WiFi where I work is painfully slow so that doesn't indicate anything to me. At my parents it's the same speed, they also have a superhub 3.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have a look >> HERE << 

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos