Menu
micsop
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to upgrade my Hub

I have a Hub 3.0 but it's buckling under the strain of 4 users online all day (2 working, 2 doing online school lessons). In particular zoom/teams calls keep dropping when on wifi (it's ok on the wired connection, but there is only one wired connection). I have added a couple of powerline boosters (Devolo) but it's not much better. I've reset the router. Is there a better VM Hub to upgrade to? There seems to be no information about Hub upgrades on the VM website

0 Kudos
ianp2
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to upgrade my Hub

The sh3 is the current hub we use.

feel free to private message me your account number and area ref and I’ll gladly do some diagnostics with you.

ian 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's because there isn't a better Hub to upgrade to. Sounds like you need the advice of someone who can help you improve the ability of your Hub to handle this traffic using an external router and the Hub in modem mode. Wait here for that advice. Plenty of people who can help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

no need too go to pm - there are no secrets and whilst the tech can look at the connection you are not complaining about that wired so it would look ok

so a public post - have you split the wifi bands and turned off smart wifi - start with that and then connect to the best band for the distance and device

look at what other hubs are around you - inSSIDer on a pc and choose channels that are not busy 

Tony