cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the increased upload speed on M500?

Blakey47
On our wavelength

I got an e-mail this morning that the new upload speed is now available and all I have to do is switch off the router

wait 10 seconds and switch it back on then check the speed

So I did this....twice

and the upstream service flow on my hub5 is still the same at 38520000 and speed test hasn't changed at all

Do I need to do anything else? Contact customer services or have I done it wrong somehow?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

The download speed is spot on and since the engineer visited my errors have also gone but despite getting an email saying I just needed to switch off and reboot the router to get the new upload speeds (and it shows the new upload speeds on my package on the web site) I'm still only getting 36mb . The configuration file hasn't changed to reflect the new speed.

Can this be done at your end now?

Thanks for coming back to us Blakey47, are you testing your upload speeds via a WiFi or wired connection?

Have you had any improvements since your last post on Saturday?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Blakey47
On our wavelength

This is a wired connection. Using both speed test and Sam knows

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us Blakey47, are you testing your upload speeds via a WiFi or wired connection?

Have you had any improvements since your last post on Saturday?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Did you read any of the replies?

The OP has posted the max traffic rate reported by the HUB.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I never got notification but several weeks ago my hub 3.0's config file changed and I got this on upstream:

Max Traffic Rate 55000085

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi Blakey47,

I'm trying to run diagnostics on your connection, however your Hub is showing as 'unreachable'. Do you have the Hub switched off?

If so, please do switch it back on and let us know so we can continue to run tests. If not and you're still having issues, please let us know if you're experiencing a total loss of service.

Thank you

Beth

Blakey47
On our wavelength

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is a power outage here. Second day now so that's why it's showing the hub as unreachable. I'll message back when power has been restored but don't know when that will be 😞 

Blakey47
On our wavelength

It's up and running again now

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know Blakey47. 

After running checks on the Hub, it does appear to be out of specification. 

I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details and we can go from there.

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hi

I have the exact same issue, received email to say my upload speed has been boosted and just to reboot the hub. Hasn't worked. I am on the Volt M500 and should be getting 52mbps upload. But am still only getting 36mbps. The max traffic rate on upstream reported by my Hub 4 is 38520000. 

Have talked to many people over live chats, the phone and have gotten nowhere.