Menu
gracehorrocks
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to get an engineer called out

I am absolutely desperate for help and at my wits end. I am experiencing terrible wifi speeds which drops constantly. At the moment I am having to reboot the wifi box at least 5/6 times per day and am unable to watch tv due to it being so slow. I have written several complaint emails which have never been responded to and the customer care number seems to be of absolutely no help either. Out of further desperation I made the decision to then upgrade to the fastest and most expensive package that virgin offers and there has been no change in service what so ever. Most months I am paying £85 for a service that only brings me misery and frustration. During a pandemic I now find myself travelling in and out of london each day to go to my work office just so I am able to function in my day to day role. 

I am plea to whoever can help - Please send out an engineer to help me and please cut this bill by a significant amount as I am not getting the service I am paying for. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get an engineer called out

It is possible that VM are in fact delivering what you are paying for (i.e.speeds TO the Hub) but you are having problems getting a stable connection out of it because of simple wifi interference (or similar) issues. To check whether that is the case - or whether it is actually a VM network connection issue - the first step is to always ask this....

If you connect a computer/laptop directly to the Hub by a Cat5e/6 cable - how does that perform? Does that drop out at the same time as the wifi ones do - just run that as a "test".

Also what Hub model is it (printed on its sticker) - I assume its a Hub3 or Hub4 (?) and what do the various lights on the Hub do/show when the wifi connections drop out?

Also, what TV box do you have - TiVo or V6 or 360 - and if a V6 - how is it connected to the Hub and what are the problems - are they on standard TV channels or on catchup or just other online services (Netflix etc).

And finally - when you called in and reported the issue as a fault what did they actually say when they tested your connections (nb - calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through quickly)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos