Menu
Pogman
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to book an engineer?

My neighbour had Virgin installed, but they piggy backed off my broadband connection until they installed it properly. When they did this, they simply cut the connection between the houses and left about a metre or so, co-ax cable in a bush. It is still connected at one end, in my wall box to a splitter. Since then we have had intermittent loss of broadband now the speed has gone down from 200mbs to around 45mbs.

I need them to come and put the problem right and remove the cable that was cut.

How can I make an appointment for an engineer to come. No luck on the 150 number and there is no way to do this on the website that I can find. I've 2 hours today trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to book an engineer?

The cable should have been removed properly. Leaving an open end hanging will certainly affect your service.

Hopefully a VM staff member will see your post and get it sorted promptly.  The person who left it like this deserves a slap on the wrist.

0 Kudos
Pogman
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through to a person by pressing the hash key before it cut me off after pointing me to the website again.!

They did a test and are sending me a new hub. I've ordered an F connector so will remove the filter, splitter and odd length of cable.

Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pogman,

Many apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Can you let us know how you've got on since your last post?

If you're having any further problems please just give us a shout and we'll be happy to help further from here.

Beth

0 Kudos