Menu
CarlTSpeak
Community elder
Message 211 of 297
Flag for a moderator

Re: How soon can we upgrade to Gigabit/Gigabit speeds over DOCSIS 3.1? #Gigaworld #ProjectLightning

I'm very fortunate in that I was able to produce an alternative solution relatively cheaply - the only real 'new' expense was the extra FTTC service.

You may not mind 'natural' contention kicking in but Ofcom / ASA do. 😞

0 Kudos
louis-m
Up to speed
Message 212 of 297
Flag for a moderator

Re: How soon can we upgrade to Gigabit/Gigabit speeds over DOCSIS 3.1? #Gigaworld #ProjectLightning

Not an SDWAN by any chance?
0 Kudos
crazydan7
Tuning in
Message 213 of 297
Flag for a moderator

well, i see now that EE are offering up to 300 mb fibre in my area and considering that i'm on a 350 meg package with virgin just for the upload speeds, i think i'll be moving. I only have two months of my contract left they can offer me up to 150 mb down and 28 mb upload for £40 a month, less than i'm paying with virgin now and a higher upload speed. come on virgin, if you don't change your upload speeds, you'll have many customers leaving especially when EE's 350 mb plan for £49 a month comes with a 47 mb upload!

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 214 of 297
Flag for a moderator

Do note that that is "UP TO" 300mbps, it'll be the new G.Fast service Openreach are in the process of rolling out.
I recommend checking the dslchecker to see exactly what speed your property is estimated to get since from what I've been reading regarding G.Fast it's unlikely to be 300mbps as the drop off in speed due to distance is considerably worse than that of VDSL.

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and click "Address Checker".
0 Kudos
crazydan7
Tuning in
Message 215 of 297
Flag for a moderator

thanks for that, so that's coming out at 247.5 but to be fair the upstream is more what i need so that will do me fine if i took out the 150 mb package

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 216 of 297
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

We do continually review what we offer. We continually invest in our network to ensure we're offering the best possible products that we can. 

Whilst we have nothing to announce presently, hopefully we'll announce something in the future!

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 217 of 297
Flag for a moderator

Well if you don't you will lose a load of customers who might get less - who might not want to return.
0 Kudos
crazydan7
Tuning in
Message 218 of 297
Flag for a moderator

agreed, like i said before, if you guys don't agree to increase upload speeds for all your lower than 350 mb plans, then what do you expect. yes, people on here have said that it's not technically possible to increase speeds with the network that virgin use, but let's see how quickly that miraculously changes when voda phone take up there 1 Gbps plans across the country and open reach continue to role out there 350 mb packages

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 219 of 297
Flag for a moderator

We wouldn't want to lose anyone and we do appreciate all the feedback. We know upload speeds are important to our customers. 

Hopefully these improved upload speeds are something we can offer in the future. 

Ben_N

0 Kudos
crazydan7
Tuning in
Message 220 of 297
Flag for a moderator

so much so that when you rolled out your 300 mb plan, you removed the 20 mb upload on the 200 and replaced it with 12 so those who wanted a higher upstream rate were forced to pay for the 300 package

0 Kudos