Menu
Rebo00
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How is it possible to have such a bad support system?!

The way things happen at Virgin Media.

Phone 0345 454 1111 > get told there is a broadband fault in the area despite being told it's been resolved by text and the Service Status and then tells you to press # to repeat or 0 to return to menu.

Press 0 and it says i've got an engineer booked and to check the status press 1, get told they'll text a link and hangs up.

Get a text that "takes you to a fantastic new support page" which is just the original support page with a generic message.

Ok, we're on this page, let's click "Fixing an issue", ok now we're at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fix-an-issue - yep, back on the original support page where you click through, doesn't work, phone virgin, repeat the above.

At least when you select the Make a Complaint link you get the option of completing a form, live chat or phone number. Although the phone number is the exact same number as everything else so good luck with that.

"Fix an issue

Thanks for calling Virgin Media Let's get you some help..."

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/faults?tid=6153379137180

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How is it possible to have such a bad support system?!

They wont send a tech out until any known faulat has been fixed (makes sense).

You might get more information from the Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level that may not be listed on the Area Status web page (which usually only covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few users

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Rebo00
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Might not have been clear. 

The issue with the engineer is the system told me I had an engineer booked when I don't.

I presume the Service Status page and and the phone system both report on postcode as that's the only information they have to base it on.

Either way, there was an issue, I logged it in the Service Status page and was text an hour later to say it was fixed but the phone says its still says there is a known fault. But if there is a known fault then it should still be open so the timer continues on when you can claim compensation. 

At the moment they're either lying about the issue being resolved to avoid having to pay compensation or avoiding issues being logged to avoid reports of general poor broadband service

Regards, 

Andy

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Area service webpage will only report large outages for many many customers - the 0800 one is for more local issues affecting fewer uses. Note VM "Areas" are not geographic - I am Area20 in Manchester - as are others who post on here living in London, Bristol, Surrey, Sussex, etc.

On the 0800 number - if there is a known fault - there is an "option" to start the compensation claim (button presses) - I know this as I did exactly that when some utility workers cut through a VM street cable. Maybe it proven more difficult to repair than the engineers first thought.

Or call in at 08.00 in the morning and ask - you should get through quickly at that time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Rebo00
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Called 0800 561 0061 recognises my mobile, confirms the postcode, tells me there is still an issue, asks if I want it to repeat or go back to the main menu

If I go back to the main menu it asks what service do I want to check; broadband, TV or phone. Select broadband it says there is an issue with ios14 and that's it, goodbye.

So you're saying the website only reports issues with the core infrastructure but not the edge infrastructure yet the phone system is updated with it? Doesn't make much sense to have that separation and no mention of it, but if they're trying to dodge compensation claims I guess it does. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So you have no known local issue - if you did it tells you - it didn't - so you haven't. that means its specific to just you or to a few customers who haven't reported it to let them know.

So call it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they do say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly (lots of posts on here saying they got straight through), and I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek when my cable was cut

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Rebo00
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, no "Called 0800 561 0061 recognises my mobile, confirms the postcode, tells me there is still an issue"

And as the previous messages say, you can call 0345 454 1111 but it loops around saying I have an engineer booked, etc, etc.

And would you know it, back to a fault showing on the Service Status page today.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

withhold your number when calling, then it won't know who are you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Rebo00
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Trying that now
0 Kudos
Rebo00
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So I rang, it said are you calling about "your postcode" I said no, it then asked for my account number, I entered that and it said "you recently called about a broadband issue, if you're still having the issue then please press 1" and now it's put me through to a person who answered instantly.
Not surprised the phones aren't as busy when their system sends you round in circles
0 Kudos