Menu
Mastersnapper
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How can I get help from Virgin?

OK, so last week I contacted Virgin about my Broadband speed. I get download speeds of 200Mbs which is great but my upload speed is extremely poor (1-2Mbs). Virgin, by Chat contact last week,told me that an Engineer would call me. Nobody did. Are there any Virgin Techs on here? I can give you my remedy number and maybe you can help?

This is VERY frustrating.

Keith

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I get help from Virgin?

A technician won't be able to fix your upload speeds unless you have a signal fault 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You in Watford by any chance.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/05/virgin-media-uk-fault-cuts-uploads-to-nearly-0mbps-in-...

Although its reportedly fixed you may need to factory reset the Hub.

If not, have you checked for other “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage", there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Also, do a quick check that all of your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc with no “unterminated loose ends, and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing.  Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. 

Then... Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.   On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon at top right (SH2’s) or  text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, &  Network Logs pages.  Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button a second time).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mastersnapper
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I suspect its an area fault but even though an engineer was supposed to contact me, they haven't!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If its a known problem - all tech visits are auto-cancelled until its fixed.
Perhaps they are waiting for that to happen 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos