cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are VM allowed to get away with providing such terrible service?

Jeeksy
Tuning in

We have a hub 5. We pay for 350 Mb broadband, yet we barely get WiFi round the house and if we do, the connection is unstable and frequently drops out.

I'm currently sat next to my hub and the VM connect app tells me I'm getting 48Mb, which virgin are defining as 'great'. I would not describe getting less than 14% of what we pay for as 'great'. My partner is sat next to me and cannot even get her phone to connect to the network. The Futher we get away from the hub the worse it gets. We were getting a blistering 7Mb in the bathroom! 

Working from home is pretty much impossible. We've used 50Gb of mobile data to hotspot our laptops this week.

Don't get me started on the VM WiFi pods - they are totally useless.

I've long given up trying to get support from Virgin media on this and have finally admitted defeat and terminated our contract after four months of unsuccessfully navigating the complaints system.

My question today is how on earth are virgin media allowed to get away with this level of service?! They are selling a product and completely not delivering it as advertised, yet seem to just be allowed to do it.

Not sure what I hope this post will achieve to be honest, clearly I'm bored on a Saturday evening... if only we could stream something to entertain ourselves. Just very frustrated with virgin and their service and wonder how they continue to get away with swindling their customers. 

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I don't use VM wifi and never had bad wifi

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cardiffman282
Super solver

As per legacy1. VM broadband is, for the most part, like premium high octane fuel. Unfortunately the thing it is fueling is a cruddy, old, clapped out, ten quid, two stroke, lawnmower-flattering, Delboy motor aka the VM hub. That's why you need to stick the hub in modem mode and use your own router. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).