Menu
mkpugh
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hotspot

Hi, are phone hotspots any good speed wise. If I'm upwards of 40mbps download using my phone, what would a reasonable speed be from a hotspot?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hotspot

@mkpugh wrote:

Hi, are phone hotspots any good speed wise. If I'm upwards of 40mbps download using my phone, what would a reasonable speed be from a hotspot?

Best way to find out is to find a few and try them.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
mkpugh
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not sure I get you. I'm using a hotspot on a Galaxy Note and the speed is much lower than on the actual. Almost unusable. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When you say Hotspot do you mean a VM supplied public Wi-Fi signal available to VM customers or something else ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
mkpugh
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I mean using my android phone as a hotspot, to share the internet. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@mkpugh wrote:

I mean using my android phone as a hotspot, to share the internet. 

Run a speed test on your phone using your mobile data then try tethering a device to the mobile and run another speed test and see how you get on.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

depends on the quaity of the phone and connections. if you are only connecting using 2.4ghz you will be limited to the speed that wifi can support
0 Kudos