Menu
OllyMillMill
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Horrendous speeds for weeks

How do i go about fixing this issue or should i just cancel the account?

im meant to be getting at least 200-300 mbs (i know thats the advertised speeds and not always what you actually get usually) and used to get good speeds a while ago roughly 200mbs. For at least a couple of weeks we’ve been getting 3-4mbs which is mad. iv basically turned off wifi on my mobile and use 4g which is lightning fast in comparison. Often whatever i’m watching on TV goes super pixelated. 

Iv done all the tests, reset router etc. Should i do daily speed tests so i have proof of the awful speeds or just cancel altogether?

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrendous speeds for weeks

What do you get with a wired connection?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrendous speeds for weeks

Hey @OllyMillMill

Thanks for taking the time to post this on our forums and I'm sorry to hear that you're having connection issues.

I have looked into your account and cannot see any issues with your connection, would you be able to check with a wired connection as @lotharmat suggested and let us know what speeds you are getting.

Which broadband speed package are you subscribed to at the moment?

Regarding the TV pixelation, please could you check that the coax cables are connected securely to the Virgin Media equipment, any splitters (standard and powered) and to the wall socket. Hopefully this can fix the issues that you're having.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos