Menu
Adamb94
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Horrendous Speeds.

We have been paying for the maximum broadband speed (500mbps) and obviously i know you will never receive that full speed and especially at peak times during the day and i understand that. But what is not acceptable is receiving 1.5mbps. We have been with Virgin for a while now because of the speeds they offer (and not deliver) and have had nothing but problems with the broadband. After countless phone calls and countless visits by engineers who provided a temporary solution it is getting to a breaking point now. I understand that coronavirus has put a lot of things up in the air especially when it comes down to getting a technician out. But this problem has been ever present and not one has been able to fully fix this. I have followed all of the steps on the website to attempt to fix this problem and they have not worked. 

Any advice from this community would be welcome as now people need to work from home in this house and although there's 3 of us living here that 1.5mbps we are receiving can't handle us never mind a child watching shows on the tablet.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
tfbise16
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrendous Speeds.

Dont hold your breath on a reply from VM. They will tell you to try an ethernet cable and restart your router. I assume you've done that already.

0 Kudos
Adamb94
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Haha i don't have much hope to be honest, yeah tried all of that. The company is a disaster
0 Kudos
tfbise16
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They are almost certainly slowing down everyones speeds aka throttling, but refuse to acknowledge this. 

0 Kudos
Adamb94
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Seems that way, I noticed last night the internet completely went off a couple of times around 1am and then this morning it was terrible.