cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High packet loss and very low upload

BobaSolo
On our wavelength

I have around 1mbps upload and high packet loss and always disconnecting from Xbox live . This has gone on for 2 years atleast now and I'm ready to quit on virgin media 

18 REPLIES 18

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BobaSolo,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your broadband connection and that this is causing you some further frustration.

Can you tell me a little more about your broadband set up? Do you have your Virgin Media Hub in Router Mode, or do you use a third party router? 

Have you experienced your connection drop when connected to other devices, or just your Xbox? How is your Xbox connected to your Hub? Is it connected via WiFi or via Ethernet cable?

Have you contacted our team about this issue previously? If so, what did they advise?

Please let us know so that we can investigate this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Evening @Paulina_Z

My router is in standard mode as far as I don't use another third party router or modem .

I had the slow speeds/packet loss on all devices including WiFi and ethernet 

If you look through my history on this forum I have had these issues for a couple of years now and nothing seems to work and I'm actually surprised im still with virgin media to be honest .

Can you imagine 2 years of this stress and anger ?

I have had 2 new Xbox and multiple new quality Ethernet cables and I still have the issues . I have port forwarded all ports which virgin tech guys suggested and  Xbox use and still disconnecting.

The only thing in my set up that hasn't been changed is my hub 3 . Maybe it's broke or something 

Hi BobaSolo,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry to hear you are still facing the same issue with your Xbox, we are unable to support port forwarding.

Do you have the same issue with any other device other than the Xbox?

Have you also tried Microsoft forums to see if anyone else has the same issues and if there are any fixes there?

Regards

Paul.

MGBossHogg
Tuning in

2 years.

Why haven't you left before now?

Electronic Engineer by day. Also by night.

I have no idea why I haven't left . Fool maybe ?

BobaSolo
On our wavelength

So after I have had an upgrade to a hub4 my connection via ethernet was perfect for 2 weeks or so and it was a god send that after 2 years of disconnected internet on my Xbox and very frustrating times I had a blast . HOWEVER......again my internet is always crashing and disconnecting and I am so beyond frustrated. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BobaSolo, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

We are very sorry to hear you are still having issues with the service. 

I have taken a look at the service from our side and currently there are no area faults and your equipment appears to be running within specification. 

We would recommend regular reboots of the equipment as this can help to resolve a number of issues. 

Thanks, 

Nat

2 years of issues. Why are you still with them?

Electronic Engineer by day. Also by night.

Because I'm an idiot ?