Menu
gav1990
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

High ms, slow connection

Internet is becoming unusable, understanding of the fact that personal internet use has been up recently but have been facing slow speeds and spike for nearly 3 months. Below is just a link from today, which is a similar picture to the last 2 months.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/7ebd6e726d82e9c63e6b7d5c27d7118d2679a8da-20-05-2020

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High ms, slow connection

Looks like a classic over-subscription BQM, which is normally caused by VM selling more contracts than your local network can support.  You might want to raise a formal complaint about this with VM, asking for a clear explanation of what the cause is, when it will be fixed, and how much compensation they will pay you given that their network is barely useable for reasonable every day activities like streaming, gaming, and video calling?

If you do complain, search the VM Complaints Code of Practice, and raise the complaint in writing, specifying that they must respond to you in writing (otherwise they'll make one attempt to phone you, and if they can't get an answer they'll try and close your complaint on the grounds "we couldn't contact you").

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gav1990
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ms, slow connection

Thanks for the help, yea barely been able to use the net to stream/game etc.. as of late.
0 Kudos