I have just renewed my package which has included an upgrade to 1Gig. Since installing the Hub 4 I have experienced very high and inconsistent latency.
I'm running a pfSense box (Celeron J4105 quad core, 4GB RAM) which with my previous Hub 3 on 600Mbps was always totally reliable. The WAN RTT/RTTsd was consistently around 1.6ms/0.6ms with speeds averaging around 540-580Mbps. The Hub 4 is regularly showing RTT/RTTsd of 140+ms/40+ms, the best I've seen is 8-12ms with spikes upwards of 1500ms. Speeds are also much lower than expected; at best speedtest averages around 570Mbps bursting to 720Mbps while uploads struggle to reach 15-20Mbps and on occasion barely exceed 5Mbps
There is a 10dB attenuator installed, I've tried removing this to see if there was an appreciable difference, but there was no apparent change so this is now reinstalled.
Below are the power levels as well as my BMQ graph. You will see on the graph that from 1am Sunday there was a total packet loss shown until approximately 7:30am. I have no idea what caused this, but pfSense logged 25-30% packet loss on the WAN port shortly before this happened. When I checked in the morning the connection was still up despite the graph showing full packet loss. Restarting the WAN interface resolved this graphing problem.
I not aware of any device that could be flooding the connection, I will need to investigate to trace any traffic.
The latency appears to have improved today; there was an area outage earlier this afternoon so I'm now wondering if the problems I'd experienced were an early sign of this. I will monitor for a couple more days and when I have time I'll then try the test you've suggested