Menu
swamp
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

High Utilisation Peaks M29 Area (Speed Drops in the evenings - Cannot stream movies)

For the last several weeks I have been getting very low speeds in the evenings. During the day the speed is fine but at night the speed can drop and then I can no longer stream on netflix or amazon etc.

Running tests when streaming is impossible shows the speed drops to <5Mbps were-as daytime it tests fine at 90 to 100Mbps.

All tests are run on a wired Ethernet link with the hub in modem only mode using my own router running dd-wrt.

Is there a problem in the M29 (7AG) area.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Utilisation Peaks M29 Area (Speed Drops in the evenings - Cannot stream movies)

Unless VM's network operations people have formally recognised an over-utilisation problem, the company will deny there is one.  But there's other types of problem that might cause the symptoms you describe.

Set up a Broadband Quality Monitor, post a link (not an image) to shared snapshot chart when there's 24 hours or more of data, and we can see what's going on.  And go into the Hub's "check router status" page, and post the contents of the tabs called Downstream, Upstream and Network log, and we can see if there's anything obviously wrong with your connection.  Copy and paste them as formatted text, not screenshots. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos