Menu
ChrisJPD91
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

High Download, Low Upload.

I have been experiencing slow upload speeds since late April. I have called each week since and received little support. So far I have spoken to around 5 different advisers and an engineer has visited my home but there has been no improvement/fix. 

My most recent call resulted in me requesting to speak with a manager, this was rejected due to a shortage of staff. I was told on the 21/5/2020 that engineers had been working on a fault in my area for around 4 weeks but my broadband speeds would go back to normal in the next 24-48 hours. I was also told I should expect a call from a manager in a few hours. This was around 3.30pm. I then called back after receiving no call at around 6.45pm. 

During this call I was told engineers had started working on a fault in my area and it would be resolved on the 27/5/20 at 12:20pm. I was also told that I should expect a manager call-back within 48 hours. I still have not received any call from management and my upload speeds are still below the minimum on my contract. I have checked the network logs on my router and there are multiple T3 Timeouts each week which I believe to be the main cause of my issues. I'm unsure if the engineers plan to split the node or not as the last adviser told me the fault is related to congestion in my area. I'd really like some kind of help from someone who is involved with the Network team so that I can get the service I am paying for. 

For reference, my upload speeds used to sit on/around 20Mbps. Now the speed falls as low as 1.6Mbps where my minimum is 12Mbps. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Download, Low Upload.

Virgin don't guarantee upload speeds, where are you getting the 12mb minimum from?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/virgin-media-speed-policy
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If there’s currently a fault you’ll need to wait until the fault is repaired. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ChrisJPD91
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I was told over the phone by two different advisers about my minimum upload speeds. One said minimum 12Mbps and another said something along the lines of “10% of my download which gives me 20Mbps” 

0 Kudos
ChrisJPD91
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media website shows no faults in my area and I’ve only been told about a fault during my most recent calls. First adviser mentioned it started 4 weeks ago after I said how long I’d been calling (4 weeks) and second adviser said it started on 21st which was the last date I called. 

Conflicting information and no fault report/reference number given. Also very convenient timings given by both advisers

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisJPD91,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your download speed, I will be more than happy to take a look further for you, I will send you an invite to a private chat please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
ChrisJPD91
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

Please read my post again as this is definitely not in reference to my download speeds. I've sent you a private message with the info you've requested.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Thank you for coming back to me, I appreciate the issue you are facing is upload speed, there is still an issue in your area which is utilization and will have an affect on both upload and download, this was reported on 21/05/20 and the estimated fix date is 28/05/20 at 12:15.

We do not guarantee upload speed as advised if your performance is still bad once resolved we can look back into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
ChrisJPD91
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

Could you let me know why I was told on multiple occasions this would be fixed by today at 12:20pm and now you have stated it will be resolved by tomorrow at 12:15pm? 

Please also provide an explanation as to why I was also told about my minimum upload speeds by 2 different advisers. Are you aware of when I will receive my call-back? I was given a 48 hour SLA on this call-back on the 21/5/20.

Lastly, please provide me with the fault reference number and also the complaint reference number I'm yet to receive after I raised my complaint on 21/5/20. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

I will be honest I cannot advise when it will be fix all fix times are estimated, even if fixed there is no promise that this is going to change your upload speed, as advised this is not something we guarantee.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos