Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Hiya I got m100 with anytime calls package but I am getting only 20 to 30 mbps speed 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi

wired or via wifi - always test wired

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi its connected through wifi

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

any speed is possible through wifi - do a test wired - if thats slow VM need to investigate - if its 100 or there abouts you need to look at the wifi

still worth posting the levels

Tony
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

But how can I get 100 speed on using wifi?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

lets start again - you need to test wired to know if the connection is good - if you get less than 100 then that would suggest there is a fault that would need looking at - so do that

if you get less than 100 post the modem levels as i asked - if you get 100 then that tells us that the connection is good and the problem is wifi - you can then look at what the problems might be

what wifi device are you testing the speed on - what band are you using are start points - saying a connection is slow on wifi is meaningless

Tony
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I get more than 100 speed when I use wifi and when I am near the box but when I move or go in my room then speed goes down

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

thats the nature of wifi - have you split the 2 bands so you can select which band is best and have you turned off smart wifi - thats the first things to do

Tony
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Dont know how to do that mate can you tell me in details how to do that I wana use wifi connection and I want 100 speed because my package is 100

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

log into the hub - 192.168.0.1 - go to wifi and give the ssid for each band its own name - if its a hub3 look for smart wifi and if its on turn it off - save and its done

as to whether that will give you 100 on wifi near and away from the hub is another question - you pay for and receive 100 as you have confirmed - thats for a wired connections - what you get on wifi is in the lap of the gods - VM will not guarantee any speed on wifi

Tony
0 Kudos