Menu
josh94
Tuning in
Message 1 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Have you downgraded me?

I am paying for the top package, I was getting 450-500mbps all the time, all day, all evening, all night.... as of recently I noticed that I can only really top out at about 350mbps.... I decided I would login and look at my plan as I will be coming up for renewal in soonish, to my absolute disgust it says you can get M350.... 

I have then searched around online to see if anyone else has had this issue, I see a few people on the forum also saying it seems like they are stuck on the lower package. My upload is lower than it used to be too....

I have ubiquiti and TP-LINK Wifi 6 devices in modem mode - I was able to get 540mbps on my iPhone 11 Pro and 540mbps on my laptop with a Killer Wifi 6 AX1650x 160Mhz card... now i average between 320 and 380...

Why am I paying for this top service? I have noticed this is a reduced speed for the past month, it seems like maybe longer but definitely a month....

0 Kudos
Pawan_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have you downgraded me?

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
josh94
Tuning in
Message 3 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I would love to but it appears washed out? What are the operating times?

Thanks for the response 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 44
Flag for a moderator

What are wired speeds like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
tfbise16
Dialled in
Message 5 of 44
Flag for a moderator

VM are throttling.

0 Kudos
josh94
Tuning in
Message 6 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Why am i paying for the 500 then lol? Its half 10 at night and i just managed to get a 383mbps..

0 Kudos
josh94
Tuning in
Message 7 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same, I am network and IT manager @ work and have taken equipment which isn't being used there such as the WiFi, I've checked all this
0 Kudos
tfbise16
Dialled in
Message 8 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I pay for 100mb and haven't got more than 26 for days. They are throttling 100%. Lots of people with the same issues. Of course virgin tell you to restart your router as if you are a total idiot. That doesnt fix the fact they are slowing the connection. 

0 Kudos
josh94
Tuning in
Message 9 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Well, I suppose I am just p'd off with having to pay the extra for something I can't get... may as well take the 350 package whilst they are throttling lol....

Still better than BT I suppose, I have been doing a lot of remote assistance with clients and have seen some connections syncing O365 profiles @ 4mbps!!! Maybe I am greedy lol
0 Kudos
tfbise16
Dialled in
Message 10 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Not greedy just want the party on the other end of the contract to fulfil their obligations.

0 Kudos