Menu
9909sharon
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Have virgins 100Mbps speed package wifi less than 1/4 of that speed

Hi, i dont normally complain sbout anything. However, as a new customer since 11th April this has to be the worse company i have ever had my broadband with. My speed since getting broadband has always been less than a quarter of what i am paying for. I thought at first it was due to virgin taking my line via my neighbours and splitting the line, however, they have since re-run a cable direct to my house  (which took 3 weeks and another complaint from me, to sort out)and speed is still not even 1/2 of what it should be. I have used various chats online , taking an average of 3 days for virgin to reply. I understand times are difficult, but on the third contact i was told an engineer wpuld be arriving at my home between 8-1. No engineer turned up, i then had to contact via chat again and was told i would have someone telephone me. Someone did and gave me a ref number and said its a fault in the area and should be fixed by 4th may. It is still not working, i dont know if i have the energy to get back in touch with virgin. On that day i also asked to make an official complaint and was told someone would email me a complaints form, i havent received that either. I wondered if anyone else had these issues with virgin, as a new customer this is the worse provider i have ever been with. Is it possible to change suppliers as they are not giving me what i should have from the beginning? Or do you thing this speed issue is a glitch and i have just had bad luck with virgin? How can i get the speed issue fixed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
kizi
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Have virgins 100Mbps speed package wifi less than 1/4 of that speed

Hi there I hope I can help you you can pm me 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have virgins 100Mbps speed package wifi less than 1/4 of that speed

What speed do you get when wired?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos