Apologies for delays replying. I've only just got back to looking at this.
So, firstly, the M200 / M600 info I noted in original post has been explained to me as a quirk caused by the retention team trying to put through a new contract offer. I was told it had to be 'downgraded' first in order to let the offer go through. No idea if this is correct. It may still be relevant to the problem but I think could be a red herring based on below.
What I have seen over last 2 weeks is my internet speedtests consistently returning speeds between 580-650mbps range (this is a speedtest build into my router, so effectively via wired connection). This looked to me as if I was being capped to my prev M600 speed somehow. From searching for this specific problem I came across this thread:
So, two things from that which makes me think I might be facing same / similar problem:
1. When I was upgraded to volt, and specifically when it was activated, I still had my hub 3 connected. This was deliberate - I used this in modem mode and had heard the hub 4 was a step backwards in that regard. I have since switched to the hub 4 (also in modem mode). I wondered if this might mean my config has not been upgraded for gig speeds.
2. When I went to check the config file version, I see this:
|Maximum Number of CPEs|
I have no idea if this indicates the config may be corrupt or not. I'm hoping you can confirm and also advise how to correct it.
For ref. I'm using a Netgear R7800 router, factory reset and with every conceivable qos feature confirmed as disabled, as per the numerous threads I've read on the subject. I've also returned the hub 4 to router mode and ran the samknows speedtest. This is coming back as 1000+ but I'm not clear if that rules out an incorrect config file as a potential problem. The hub 4 and router are using the cat 6 cable supplied with the kit - have also tried another cable to rule that out.
I can try connecting a laptop directly to the hub 4 in router mode and doing another speed test, but the sequence of events above make me thing the config file is at least in the frame so I was hoping to get a quick view on that first.