Menu
Kingsleyh
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Had my package upgraded a few days ago from M200 to M500 but I'm still only getting 200

Hi,

I upgraded my package a few days ago from M200 to M500 but I'm still only getting 200. I have tried at different times of the day but I don't see the speed go higher than an average of 180 to 210 which is what I was getting before.

Could it be that even though I switched to M500 my physical line will only support M200? If that is the case then there was no point in upgrading.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had my package upgraded a few days ago from M200 to M500 but I'm still only getting 200

No, if sold 500 your line can support it. Check that they didn't remove anything from your account which puts it for 39 days notice. Also check your online account to see if the website says 500Mb

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
mkershaw1982
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had my package upgraded a few days ago from M200 to M500 but I'm still only getting 200

Hi Kingsleyh

I upgraded to Ultimate Omph 7 months ago, engineer left the house showing 480M on his tester, i checked and confirmed on my devices. 

4 days later it dropped to 160M and has been like that ever since - ive complained multiple times and proved its nothing on my side of the network and requested engineers to return to the house but every time it gets ignored and dismissed.

It auto upgraded to M600 recently - and here i am still!

tested @ 7:30 on a Saturday morning when everyone is in bed and the network should be giving me more.....

mkershaw1982_0-1619245860062.png

0 Kudos
Kingsleyh
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

When I log into the Virgin website it says I’m on m500. I don’t understand what you mean by 39 days though.

Is there any info I can check on the hub 3? I don’t really understand the router status numbers.

0 Kudos
Kingsleyh
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wow, that doesn't sound promising. Hope our issues will get sorted out!
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kingsleyh, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your speeds. I have checked the account and everything is looking as it should be from this end. 

We need to concentrate on ensuring you are getting the correct speed via an ethernet cable first. Make sure you are plugged in to the hub using a Cat 6 cable and can you also check the network card on your laptop or PC to ensure this is 1GB. Once you have checked these, reboot your Laptop or PC into safe mode with networking and doing a speed test via speedtest.net. Please post the results back here 🙂
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kingsleyh
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks that resolved my issue. I'm getting the expected speeds now. Thanks very much for the help 🙂
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating us @Kingsleyh and Im glad that you're now getting your expected speeds.

I have also passed your thanks onto Kath_F.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos