Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HUB 4 Download Speeds Different

Hi, I have tried everything and need some help or understanding with this. I upgraded to GIG1 in September to maximize the download and upload speeds. Since upgrading, I keep finding that the max download averages out at around 92mbs (Not happy with) and upload is around 52mbs (which I'm happy with). 

Sam Knows tests and speedtest.net show this consistently.

Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 14.30.25.pngScreenshot 2020-11-02 at 14.35.15.png

My current setup is wired connections from the HUB 4 to my 2019 imac and box one and then others like TV etc., all cables are CAT5e or better but I'm stuck???

Any help or suggestions as Virgin Tech Support says the HUB is fine its me and my tech in the home.

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4 Download Speeds Different

What speed do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what does it report the 'connection speed’ as for the cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

20201102_150301.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can you post the figures instead of using screen grabs please, grabs can take hours to get authorised and by then your thread could fall off the first page.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

iMac 1000 ethernet

Amazon stick 866.7 wifi 

HouseHardDrive 1000 ethernet 

Xboxone 1000 ethernet 

Chris S10 87.8 wifi 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@MOL_FSG wrote:

iMac 1000 ethernet

Amazon stick 866.7 wifi 

HouseHardDrive 1000 ethernet 

Xboxone 1000 ethernet 

Chris S10 87.8 wifi 

?

Are those the speed results from Sam Knows or the Link / connection speeds ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

These are from the connected devices tab from the HUB 4 actual speeds are a lot lower 92mbs on average download

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What actual speeds do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I just got a 914mbs download just imac on its own nothing else running.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

And that WAN speed is in the ball park of the expected speed to the Hub.

What LAN speed did it report to the iMac ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos