Menu
pottsy07
Joining in
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

HUB 4 *Dont bother*

short and sweet hopefully !!

virgin as a company continually pass the book and lie !!

i wanted to leave virgin because the hub 3 was causing me so many issues gaming and just general wifi !! they tell me please allow us to upgrade you to the hub 4 and gig1 and you will only see great results !! which also involved a large bill increase 

got it installed on 30th april and i have been on the phone to virgin every single day since complaining and was told not to cancel in my 14 days because the issue would be fixed and if not i could still cancel due to the service i pay for not being provided . they have now told me they need to check all the phone recordings because i can't cancel without a fee!! but continue to tell me not every call is recorded so out of the several times i was told i can cancel after 14 days by several different customer service advisors i guarantee they only find one where it wasn't discussed !!!

Hub 4- wirelessly hits half decent speeds of about 450-500 right next to the hub . go in any other room in a small bungalow and you are looking at 50mb tops. don't let them send out wifi boosters they are also utter trash !!!

yet ethernet it up direct to the hub and check speeds on several different devices on sam knows and you are lucky to get 120!! cat 6 , cat 7, cat5e . you name it i have tried it !! all the devices i have tried it on have a gig speed card in so i expect speeds close to a gig ! 

Virgins very own technician who came to try and fix it went home after no fix and tested his !! His own HUB 4 would only pull 120 also on ethernet yet his HUB 3 upstairs was pulling 300+

yet virgin still feel this isn't grounds to cancel my contract immediately without charge !!

there is clearly a massive problem in the bolton area but as usual you will lie and lie and hope it gets brushed under the carpet !! 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4 *Dont bother*

Interesting.

I have no issue with the Hub4 wired or wireless...

My Xbox One S (wired) consistently pulls ~800Mbps down and 50Mbps up.

Other results including wireless on my iPhone XS Max WiFi below.

I feel that the engineer was “agreeing” with you to sympathise and be on his way quicker.

What speed do you get on the SamKnows test that measures the actual speed being delivered to your hub?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Oh and also an engineer won’t have 2 lines going into his property and his Hub3 would be cabled back down to the Hub4.

038436FF-57BD-4DCC-9DC2-C64FBC3CB600.jpeg

BCAE6AE9-53D7-4EB2-80CA-7A2FF3442F03.png

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
pottsy07
Joining in
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator

hi thanks for your reply 

on sam knows the box gets the download speeds and upload the same as yours but don't ask me why as soon as i try and ethernet anything it's like the box doesn't allow it ! they changed the first box because they said it was faulty and it didn't resolve it . the thing is i was not hub 3 500 before this and the very same devices on ethernet would pull the correct speeds so i know it isn't an issue my end .

the engineer said he has the hub 3 but is also testing the hub 4 ?? he even showed me the screen shots of the speeds so could he still be lying ??

thanks

chris 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Are you wired direct to the Hub4 and not via a switch or powerline adaptor/booster?

What device are you Speedtesting with?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
pottsy07
Joining in
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator

wired directly to the hub !!

tests have been done on

PS4,laptop.apple mac , surface pro everyone of them via sam knows only get between 120-150 most the time 120 . yet the upload speed is always quite consistent at 40!!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator

So the real speed test above doesn’t yield full speeds?

0 Kudos
pottsy07
Joining in
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

apologies but what do you mean by that ??

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator

The speeds from here https://samknows.com/realspeed/

0 Kudos
pottsy07
Joining in
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

yes correct when i do all the speedtest on sam knows with any of the devices they all show max speeds getting to the hub but garbage speeds coming out via ethernet 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Somethings not right somewhere then.

Have you tried different cables?

0 Kudos