Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HELP

Anyone have any idea why on my desktop with Ethernet connection only gets 150 mbps rather than the 350 mbps i should? also if i do the same speed test on my mobile using wireless i get 350 mbps+ ?

I did have a access point setup but disconnected this and reset my hub back to default thinking this would fix it but no luck...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP

Good Afternoon Zeaden1996,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been experiencing slow speeds on your broadband connection, can you tell me if you're still experiencing a slow speed?

If so, can you please place the hub in modem mode and run a speed test on the desktop, with the Ethernet cable, we will then be able to see what speed were getting into your property and to the hub

Come back to us, if you're still experiencing slow broadband speeds in modem mode

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you connecting direct to the hub or via a switch or powerline adaptor 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for responding, I followed the steps you said and using the same speed test you recommend and i'm currently getting between 140 Mbps and 170.

The photo Below shows the results history, its been happening longer than i thought. 

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And my question?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I did respond to your message please find it below with an image attached 

many thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I asked: 

Are you connecting direct to the hub or via a switch or powerline adaptor 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I connected directly to the hub 

0 Kudos