Menu
Willbloom
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HELP! Upload speed has been 0 all day.

Our upload speed is reading 0.01mbs (won't even register on Same Knows). We ned this back up urgently as it's brought us to an absolute standstill today and neither of us can do any WFH!!!!

Can anybody from Virgin please help and get this back up for us asap?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP! Upload speed has been 0 all day.

If you have a loss of connection you can call support on 150 who will test your line remotely..

But if you want help here you'll need to give a lot more information. 

Is this happening equally on ethernet and WiFi connections?

Are download speeds OK? 

Have you checked your service status on My Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Willbloom
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's the same on wifi and wired connections.

I'm getting 0.15mbs up and 559mbs down (I'm on a. GIG1 package...). That's on SPeed Test, Same knows currently isn't even registering it at all so can't test. 

I tried the my service status button on VM but it took me to a dead link. 

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You can call 0800 561 0061 to check for any local faults.

You can try re-booting the Hub.

Otherwise you will need to ring 150 for support.

Or you can wait for a VM staff person to pick this up but that might take a while.

0 Kudos
Willbloom
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've already rebooted the hub.

I don't have a Virgin phone line. Is there an alternative to 150?

Calling that 08 number tends to waste hours on a circular, maddening road to nowhere... Last time I had an issue the only way I was able to get Virgin to provide actual support was via this forum. 

W

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No - the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - just reports issues in the area - if there are none it will say so - it usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.  If its not a VM phone you may have to input some account/postcode data.

In the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The alternative number is 0345 454 1111.  That gets you to the same service as 151.

0 Kudos
Willbloom
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's saying there's a fault via automated message. I need a bit more than 'there is fault' atm though... I have several project deadlines today and tomorrow that require upload or I'm completely f***&ed. How do I speak with a human who can give me actual timelines / tell me what's going on?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately you can't.  Don't you have a backup service like 4G mobile data?  You need one if broadband is essential to you.  Virgin Media is a residential service and there is no priority for WFH.  That's what Virgin Business is for. 

0 Kudos
Willbloom
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

With all due respect to the contract etc residential service or not - if any other service I use (telephone / web services etc) was crapping 1/10th of the amount that Virgin has in the 3 months since I've lived in this house I would consider it completely unacceptable. On their Gig 1 package, I have yet to achieve full speed ONCE.

I've had this argument before (I think quite possibly with you the last time this happened). The idea that I should have to get a business account to WFH is frankly laughable. The costs are insane and I'm not a multinational corporation, I'm a person temporarily working from home. I can't use 4g it doesn't have the bandwidth to transfer large files. 

0 Kudos