Menu
Bcott93
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Guaranteed Speed - Looking for help

Evening all,

I stream computer games to subsidise my living expenses. I went to Virgin Media because of the guaranteed upload/download.

I have constantly disconnected/lagged out for the past 4 months with many calls into customer service (don't bother calling them anymore) and recently it has become beyond a joke. I understand corona is affecting systems, but I assume as the speed was guaranteed  they would have contingencies in place. I disconnect at-least twice a day and today has been exceptionally bad. Issues happen, but every day is unacceptable. 

I am looking for a response so please get in touch. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Guaranteed Speed - Looking for help

The speed has guarantees, but 100% connection is not guaranteed.

This is a domestic service with no specific promise of connection time.

If you rely on broadband to earn income, get a Virgin Business connection, which has a Service Level Agreement.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting? Wired or wirelessly?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Bcott93
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wired with switched out ethernet cables

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Does anything else disconnect at the same time?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Bcott93
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is it not  agiven that one would expect connection. As I said, I understand issues occur. But why would anyone pay for a service which drops constantly. 

You are insinuating that for a relatively stable connection you would need a business contract.

0 Kudos
Bcott93
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My phone which is usually set to mobile data anyway, but occasionally if I'm downloading I switch to WiFi. Also if Chromecast is currently connected it drops. There are no other devices in the house and I have the 300mbps+ service 

0 Kudos
Hoogle
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin has been cutting out all evening they even tweeted about it and it has been in the news. 

0 Kudos
Steveoo
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad it's not just me !!. for weeks I had and issue with poor speed having to work from home and take internet call almost impossible. Then  one by one removed anything connected. Seamed ok once I first connected the chromecast  back but as soon as you check speed the Chromecast showed on my list of routers and speed dropped and never recovered until removing it and leaving router off for 5 mins .

0 Kudos