Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Green cabinet on my road needs an upgrade

For the past 2 years I've been told by multiple engineers that the green cabinet on my road is basically now too small and needs to be upgraded. Too many customers are connected to it and its causing weekly high outages/SNR problems and this is unacceptable. I've complained for 2 years and no one has bothered getting in touch with me on this matter. Multiple emails have been sent to the cabinet team and local area managers on this topic and it's all fallen on deaf ears. My contract is up next month and no way I'll renew if the cabinet isn't upgraded.  Having weekly no broadband/intermittent connection or slow speeds is a rip off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green cabinet on my road needs an upgrade

Apart from the engineer telling you that the street cabinet needs an upgrade what indications are you having ?

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Contract is the M200. 

On a regular basis myself and neighbours either get no broadband or intermittent connections with slow speeds and it's always either a high utilisation/outages/SNR issues 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Also, I have the Hub 3 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi YasD, 

Really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I do apologise that you've had some issues with the service, I can assure you this isn't the level of service we aim to provide. 

I've had a look into the back end of things from here and see that since posting we've booked an engineer visit for you. 

Please keep us posted with how the visit goes. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Morning. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately this issue has nothing to do with an Engineer. This is a issue with the green cabinet needing to be upgraded and that's work for the cabinet team. 

As I've mentioned, over the years engineers have all said the same thing and that they cannot fix this issue. 

So an engineer being booked in pointless 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry YasD, 

I hope the engineer visit improves the issues you're having and we do appreciate the feedback on the other work that is needed. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As I've mentioned, this isnt a job for an engineer and its insulting that you keep mentioning that. 2 years and multiple engineers have all said the same thing. "We cannot fix this issue, the cabinet team need to upgrade the cabinet"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

well even if that was the case. no way it will get done before the end of your contract next month. If you have had 2 years of problems the answer seems simple. Move to someone else

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

100% right there. VM wont bother fixing this issue. Too greedy taking on customers and not caring about people having weekly issues as long as they can get more customers which is the most important thing for them 

0 Kudos