Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Got 10mb/s, should be 100mb/s.

Hi,

I'm running M100 Fibre Broadband. Since I've been connected I'm having issues with the internet speed. Every speedtest shows 10-15mb/s download speed but it should be much higher. I've tried hard reset of the router, checked all of the cables and there are no improvements. Any ideas how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got 10mb/s, should be 100mb/s.

@jarovva wrote:

Hi,

I'm running M100 Fibre Broadband. Since I've been connected I'm having issues with the internet speed. Every speedtest shows 10-15mb/s download speed but it should be much higher. I've tried hard reset of the router, checked all of the cables and there are no improvements. Any ideas how to fix it?

Is this via wired and wireless devices?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It's via wireless, I'm not using any wired devices

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@jarovva wrote:
It's wireless

Do you have a wired device you could try?

The reason I ask is VM do not guarantee wireless speeds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I don't. I don't have an ethernet cable unfortunately
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@jarovva wrote:
Ah, I don't. I don't have an ethernet cable unfortunately

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ or http://192.168.100.1 for modem mode . You shouldn't need log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs? Please copy/paste this data as text, split between multiple posts (Sometimes you have to click 'Post' twice due to an error message).

Could you please create a BQM (Broadband Quality Monitor) here, and post the live link?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I think I know what problem is. Router signal is not strong enough to cover my whole flat. Do you know what type of cable should I buy to move my router to another room where my PC stands? The cable that connects router and a wall socket.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@jarovva wrote:
I think I know what problem is. Router signal is not strong enough to cover my whole flat. Do you know what type of cable should I buy to move my router to another room where my PC stands? The cable that connects router and a wall socket.

You can't buy your own cable for between the wall socket and HUB, only VM can alter this.

There is a call out charge of £99, so you might as well buy something like this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've bought this to strengthen the signal:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Wifi-Extender-Pro-DVB4235GL/dp/B084WT4WWK/ref=pd_lpo_147_img_0/257-6...

But apparently it is not working as I expected.

That device that you've send me, I need to connect it with my router using Ethernet cable and put it in the room where I'm experiencing slow internet speeds right?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@jarovva wrote:
I've bought this to strengthen the signal:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Wifi-Extender-Pro-DVB4235GL/dp/B084WT4WWK/ref=pd_lpo_147_img_0/257-6...

But apparently it is not working as I expected.

That device that you've send me, I need to connect it with my router using Ethernet cable and put it in the room where I'm experiencing slow internet speeds right?

Yes, one of the devices plugs into the HUB via ethernet. The other sits in the middle to provide an extended signal:

carl_pearce_0-1606084266600.jpeg

You can even put the HUB into 'modem mode' so the HUB just provides the internet connection, the Deco device does the rest.

0 Kudos