Menu
DaveC68
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Google Meet poor connection

What is Virgin doing to conference call traffic?

I had a meeting with 8 different people and their video feeds kept dropping out. They all reported their feeds were fine.

At the same time the meeting was in progress, I ran a speed check in a different browser tab and was told I had 200Mb/s.

What is going on?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Google Meet poor connection

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
DaveC68
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried this, but my router is in modem mode and I can't see any option to enable ICMP response

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any kind of Router / Mesh System set up on the LAN side of the Hub ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
DaveC68
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Using UniFi with a couple of AP-AC-LR's

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You need to set the 'Respond to ICMP' on your routing device.

0 Kudos
DaveC68
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've set up ICMP firewall on my router - but still getting no response.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try setting up a new BQM.

0 Kudos