Menu
HCA
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good to see Virgin continues to get worse and continues not to care.

So, what is the point?  The only thing this joke of a company can do is bill you on time.  Nothing else works.

This service has been unending garbage from day 1. Virgin cannot be contacted as their phone lines endlessly loop traps to make you hang up, even though there is no queue (Hey, idiots: other people who do not work for you KNOW PEOPLE WHO DO! And those people talk.  If you are gonna lie to your customers, don't make your poor workers complicit in your stupidity). There is no live chat (they claim there is, but as it is only available through their app, and as their app is 100% non-functional, as it was apparently designed by whichever drunken wolverine built their router software, it cannot be used).

Everything about this company is devious, two faced and dishonest. 

What is the point of leasing me a 100m ADSL line (hah!) when websites take 30 seconds to load and half the damned internet is constantly unreachable as your network is still the same shambling nightmare it was when it was installed 25 years ago.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Good to see Virgin continues to get worse and continues not to care.

Do you want me to request that this thread is moved to the Tech Chatter Forum ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
HCA
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you work for Virgin? Can you tell me why my connection has been garbage since day one? 

No, so mind your business.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know, this is a community forum, not a shortcut to VM Technical Help.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
HCA
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am fully aware what it is and how useless it is.

Screaming into the void here is entirely pointless, but that is the only level of interaction possible with this joke of a corporation.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Let's start again.

What problems are you having ?

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

0 Kudos
HCA
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but this is never gonna help.

Speed is never the issue.

The issues are:

- My router resetting itself (and by 'resetting' I mean hard crashing) between 5 and 30 times a day (and killing DNS dead every time, so it tanks my home network too (though Imma bypass that tomorrow once I finish this Pi DNS server build, cos screw these clowns)

- Websites taking up to 60 seconds to load. And I mean like a google search. Or Gmail.  Or the BBC. 

- Streaming is a non-starter.  Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney all look I am watching late 80s VHS copies.

And yes, I have reported all this.  The moron who handled the call took such offense at me suggesting that Virgin were incompetent fools that he refused to help me and then connected to my router and camped out for 6+ hours to stop me accessing it.

And all this applies on my gaming PC connected through cat6, my mac over wifi and my iphone over wifi.

This service is unusable by any sane metric.

Oh, and I am on a Hub3 (though I may as well stick a coax up my cat's arse for all the good that thing does) and I am paying for the 108mb service.  

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So you are here for a vent and not for assistance then.

0 Kudos
HCA
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's not a case of that. It's a case of you know full well this cannot be fixed.  At least not by us users.

Anytime you contact these insufferable halfwits, all they care for is the down speed.  And that is the least important stat.

The reason my box is rebooting so many times a day could be anything at all, from a faulty box to a tech screwing with me, but we will never know, and they will never admit it.

The fact that this site exists at all tells you everything you need to know about Virgin.  They have no intention of ever helping their customers and instead expect their customers to fix their own issues.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We probably can't but we can possibly point you in the proper direction but, we can't do that unless you work with us instead of arguing about it.

0 Kudos