Menu
TallGuy
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good download speed, terrible upload speed

When doing a speed test on my M100 broadband connection, download speed is 100Mbps, upload speeds however are around 0.20 Mbps.

When testing my M100 broadband connection, I get this reponse: "Network issue. We have detected an issue on our network which maybe affecting your broadband service."

I restarted the router and did check all the cables in the house and they all seemed fine. The fact that the download speed is as it should be makes me suspect it's not the cables anyway.

0 Kudos
TallGuy
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Good download speed, terrible upload speed

Huh, after days of terrible upload speeds (and a few hours after I posted this), things are back to where they should be, around 8Mbps. I guess that means the problem is solved for now.

0 Kudos
TallGuy
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Never mind. Speeds are terrible again. This is not going away anytime soon it seems. Upload speeds are as they should be at times and then drop to 0.07 Mbps like this evening. That's two orders of magnitude below what it should be.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @TallGuy,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your posts so far. I'm very sorry to hear of the poor upload speeds you have been receiving.

I've just taken a quick look into the account using the details you registered for forums with and can see that there has been ongoing engineering work in your area for the last week to fix an SNR outage (Signal to Noise Ratio). This type of issue can affect your service in many ways and is very likely to be causing the poor upload speeds you've been seeing.

The fault reference number is F008945155.

The good news is, the estimated fix time of the work is 16:00 today. 

I'd advise you to monitor your speeds following this time, and it may help to give your equipment a reboot too following the work. Hopefully you will see some improvement and if not, feel free to drop back and we can investigate further.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

TallGuy
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Molly_G , I'll keep an eye out for that

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No problem @TallGuy, keep us posted 🙂

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TallGuy
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So far, no luck. I'm still getting upload speeds of about 0.08 Mbps using Speednet. Download speeds are not quite hitting 100 Mbps, looking at 82 Mbps at the moment.

I tried watching a movie on Film4 yesterday and had to stop as the buffering would kick in every 10-15 seconds.

Just posting this response is taking forever as the whole page is completely unresponsive.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing, TallGuy, however I have checked on the ticket reference, which is for capacity issues, and the ETA is currently set to: 11 MAY 2021 10:00

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
TallGuy
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The last few days, upload speeds have been mostly good, with the occasional drop down to something like 6Mbps. I didn't want to post too early in case it was a fluke. But for now, things are OK. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, TallGuy.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos