Menu
ali1neil
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good bye. I'm done ( 2x Tivo, M600 & Phone & Oomph SIM ) £98/month

Imagine for a minute, I walked into your office, unplugged your network cable from the back of your computer, so you couldn't access any of your network, printers, NAS, your current video call drops... and obviously all of the internet, in the background your TV goes silent.

Then I make you wait 10 or 20 minutes before you could access any of them again.
AND I do this a few times a week, sometimes for as long as an hour.

You ask me, "why do you keep doing this"
I just say, "have you tried turning it off and on again?"

I'm done with virgin media, my cancelation notice has already been received.
The absolute morons at the 1st line tech support was the final straw.
I was not allowed to claim for the days of downtime, so you can have your equipment back, i've had enough.

In any case, the reason why I make this post today?
To share thinkbroadband report images while I wait out my 30 day cancelation period.
Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Yes indeed! Even while I wait out my 30 days to cancel? My service is interrupted.
And again, no loss of service refund to be had.
Apparently the amount of time I was offline doesn't qualify?

Untitled-3.jpg
Just another cheeky little reboot & loss of service, thank so much for that software update i'm sure the next customer will thank you for it.

I'm so thankful I got an email informing me of the price changes and my rights to cancel as I was stuck in a 12 month contract, thank you so much for making it easier for me to get rid of this problem.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the constant software updates, T3 ranging, IP renewal failures and rebooting of my virgin media modem is the cause of my original complaint. Hours and days have been lost. I've lost serious money through my work. So i'm done.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Good bye. I'm done ( 2x Tivo, M600 & Phone & Oomph SIM ) £98/month

Hi ali1neil,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your broadband service and haven't been able to get much help in getting them resolved. Was the agent unable to advised the cause of the intermittent connection? Aside from the block packet loss, your BQM looks completely normal, however I can appreciate your frustration with not receiving a loss of service credit. As per our automatic compensation scheme, we can only offer a loss of service credit if you have suffered a loss of service for over 48 hours.

I understand that you're now looking to leave us, but if you haven't given your notice to leave yet we really would love to help. Just let us know and we'll do our best to resolve the issues you've been having.

Let us know.

Beth

0 Kudos
ali1neil
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was offline for 3 days at once, followed by a few hours here over the next week.
It wasn't just my broadband, it was the the entire package ( TV/Broadband/Phone ).
In total I was offered, I think £8 ? , maybe it was £12. I cant remember it was a month ago, what I wanted was half the bill taken off.

I have already given notice to cancel, just waiting out my 30 days 'notice', i just thought it amusing i'm still getting service interruptions while i wait out my 30 days notice.
It was your utterly useless customer support that was the final straw,
It's not about them being in a different country with hard to understand accents, it's the absolutely useless script they have been given to follow.

When virgin media works ? It's literately the best, great availability, great ping times, great throughput.
When any thing goes wrong, at all.... anywhere , for any reason ? Virgin media falls apart.
There's no support to be had, there's no help from anyone, no compensation offered.

All the equipment is in a pile at the door awaiting it's return mail box.
Still not heard a peep from Virgin Media about the issue.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ali1neil, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you had some downtime, we would credit back as per the OFCOM loss of service guarantee and would not credit back a half bill for 3 days loss of service. You were offered the correct credit and sorry to hear that you want to cancel.  We have looked at the service and there is currently no issues with everything showing as green ^Chris

0 Kudos
ali1neil
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Offering the bare minimum as required by OFCOM is not customer service.

It's literately, by definition, the absolute least you could possibly do.

Don't dress this up as doing something good for your users.

0 Kudos