Menu
Rochscott81
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glitching

Got some WiFi boosters I’m paying for 362mbs and get no where near that speed. Internet still drops buffers and glitches why am I paying so much for this when I’m not getting what I’m paying for 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Glitching

@Rochscott81 wrote:

Got some WiFi boosters I’m paying for 362mbs and get no where near that speed. Internet still drops buffers and glitches why am I paying so much for this when I’m not getting what I’m paying for 

Wifi speed isn't guaranteed, only wired.

There are too many variables to consider:

• Device capability.
  • Distance.
  • Obstructions.
  • Interference from other networks.

You are paying for the shared bandwidth available across your devices concurrently.

0 Kudos
Rochscott81
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  It is wired the cable is connected.  Understandable with WiFi for devices and usage etc but when it’s connected to the actual router this should not be happening 🤷🏼‍♀️ Surely it should be more than receiving 44mb 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Rochscott81 wrote:

Thank you.  It is wired the cable is connected.  Understandable with WiFi for devices and usage etc but when it’s connected to the actual router this should not be happening 🤷🏼‍♀️ Surely it should be more than receiving 44mb 

Ok, in your first post it appeared to be wireless devices that were affected.

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ or http://192.168.100.1 for modem mode . You shouldn't need log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs? Please copy/paste this data as text, split between multiple posts (Sometimes you have to click 'Post' twice due to an error message).

We can have a look for any oddities in the stats.

0 Kudos
Rochscott81
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for you help I rang them up and I don’t know what they have done but seems better 

0 Kudos